Action Center

Welcome to Bayou City Waterkeeper’s Action Center!

Take action for water justice in the Houston region. Here you will find a list of actions you can do today to help protect and preserve our Lower Galveston Bay watershed and the communities that reside in it. Stay connected, report pollution, support BCWK, and access more resources to make a difference today. 

Let’s work together to advance water justice for our Houston region. 

Sign up for our Newsletter

Stay up to date on what we’re up to by subscribing to our newsletter

Follow us on social media

There’s just so much great stuff on social media I hope you really enjoy all of the great tweets and Instagram shares.

Support On-going campaigns at Bayou City Waterkeeper

Report Water Pollution

In order to protect and advocate for our watershed, we need your help! If you see any signs of water pollution, such as discolored or foul-smelling water, wastewater overflows/SSOs, trash and debris or something else, please report it to BCWK. You can do this by filling out a report through the Esri Water Pollution and also contacting your local environmental agencies:

Bayou City Waterkeeper Reporting Tools

Esri Water Pollution Reporter

Report water pollution to Bayou City Waterkeeper and someone from our direct response team will be in contact with you within 1-2 business days.

Water Pollution hotline

To leave a message on our water pollution hotline, please call +1 713-364-6363. Someone from our team will be in contact with you within 1-2 business days once receiving your report.

Wetland Watch Survey

Use the survey below in the Wetland Watch Hub to report wetlands at risk in your neighborhood and/or within our watershed.

To report water pollution beyond Bayou City Waterkeeper, please see more information below.

City of Houston

Report water pollution (such as trash or debris) and/or water/wastewater emergencies to the city of Houston.

Call 311 or fill out the form here:

City of Baytown

To report pollution to the city of Baytown to the Mayor and Public Works department:

Fill out a non-emergency report through the Better Baytown Application

Email public works at or call 281-420-5300. Tell them your name, district, nearest address, and any details relating to the report that might help in their investigation.

If it is an emergency regarding pollution, please dial 911.



Submit a water quality complaint to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) here

We recommend filing a complaint with TCEQ along with reaching out to your city or county officials. 

To locate your local representatives, please click here

To find your city council member, please visit here


Submit a report to the EPA here

Please be sure to include as much information and details as possible in your report that is necessary for EPA to understand what it is exactly you are reporting. If you need more information on what to include in your report, please contact for more information.

In case of emergency:

To report an environmental emergency, discharge, spill, or air release, contact:

Call 911 to contact local authorities first. 

Contact the Texas Spill-Reporting Hotline and the SERC: 1-800-832-8224. (Open 24 hours a day)

In case you need to report further, please contact the National Response Center: 1-800-424-8802.

In addition to contacting 911, please contact Harris County’s Pollution Control Emergency Response Team. Be prepared to give them your name, location of the incident, the nature of the incident, and a call back phone number (713) 920-2831.

Pollution Control

The Pollution Control Services Department responds to hazardous materials incidents in Harris County and evaluates their impact on the public and the environment.To contact us regarding air, water, or solid waste pollution please call (713) 920-2831.

For community members

BCWK is available to help if you need assistance filling out these forms to local agencies and representatives. Please contact, or start completing BCWK’s water pollution form.

Latest Past Events

Wetlands Walk

Outside 1234 Wetland St, Houston

This is the description

Protect our watershed

Contribute to the protection of our watershed by making a donation.